The Libraries of Foster
Laptop Loan Policy
Laptops are available to extend the Libraries’ Internet service and to offer the use of Microsoft Office software.
Eligible laptop user:
- User must be a registered OSL cardholders in good standing (no lost or excessive overdue materials and no library fines in excess of $5.00).
- User must be 11 years of age or older.
- User must have a signed laptop loan agreement on file.
Loan Periods and Borrowing Policies:
- Patrons must sign a laptop loan agreement.
- Laptops will be checked out on the patron’s library card.
- Laptops are for use within the library only and cannot be removed from the facility.
- Patrons under the age of 17 must use a PC if available. Laptops will only be loaned if no PC is available.
- Patrons under the age of 17 must use the laptop at the table in the reference area.
- Laptops are available for use for ½ hour if other patrons are waiting; otherwise, there is no time restriction.
- Users must notify a staff member when they are finished using a laptop and sign the sign-out sheet.
- Laptop users are expected to act in a lawful and respectful manner, and are required to adhere to the conditions of the Libraries of Foster’s Internet Use Policy.
- All laptops must be returned to the circulation desk 15 minutes before closing.
- The patron to whom the laptop is checked out will be responsible for any loss or damage of the laptop during his/her session. The patron will be liable for any costs due to damage or loss of the laptop up to and including the replacement cost of the laptop ($2,500.00).
- Printing from laptops is not available. Laptop users wishing to print must save the document externally and print from one of the library’s PCs.